Millport Area, New York 14864
224 New Rd., Millport, NY 14864
Chemung County, New York PARCEL ID / Tax Map# 3.00-1-16
Type Of Property: 240 Rural Residential Zoning, Low Restriction Land
Lot Size: 12.6 Acres
Water: Available by Well (Not-Installed). Old well is present, but has not been verified as usable
Power: Possibly available by the Property (NYSEG Electric Co.). Electrical line is present, but has not been verified as usable
Sewer: Available via Septic System (Not-Installed) Septic Line going from bathroom is present, but has not been verified as usable
Phone: Possible Land Line runs with Power and certainly Cellular use
TV: Satellite/ Dish
Road access: Hard-Packed Dirt Road (New Road)LAND DESCRIPTION:
12.6 Acres with a breathtaking valley view in Millport, NY
New Rd. is a fairly unused dirt road, but it is in decent condition and allows for direct 2wd access to the property. This acreage is mostly hilly with old logging trails throughout and many semi-flat areas. This lot would be great for hiking, camping, hunting and/or other recreational use. Located directly adjacent to the Catherine Valley Trail System and Catherine Creek – State land. Catherine Creek is renowned for its annual spring run of rainbow trout. The old structure on the property is not livable by any means and will most likely be a tear down. It is currently deemed unlivable by the Town of Vetern Code Enforcement Officer. Possible well, septic and electric maybe salvageable from the old structure. In addition the foundation looks to be in good condition and may be salvageable as well. Private location. Trails through out and literally over a hundred sets of deer droppings throughout the property, deer rubs and ruts too. Many mature hardwoods are present.
Located in the Village of Millport, NY. The lot is located on New Road, which is a Hard-Packed dirt road.
* 8.5 miles north to Watkins Glen, NY is a small sized city with many businesses, schools, restaurants, dealerships, auto shops, specialty shops, large and small franchises, shopping centers and more. Situated at the southern point of Seneca Lake.
* 8.2 miles north/west to Watkins Glen International. Famous for being a difficult international race track that is hosts to many different types of professional racing, like the NASCAR series, Vintage Grand Prix, SCCA, IMS TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, Sahlem’s Six Hours. Along with annual festivals, such as Finger Lakes Wine Festival and the Finger Lakes Beer Festival. The track is also open to hosting private events, Opening Weekend when anyone can drive the track in your own cars.
*Only 8.1 miles north to the entrance of the Famous Watkins Glen State Park Trails. Watkins Glen State Park is the most famous of the Finger Lakes State Parks, with a reputation for leaving visitors spellbound. Within two miles, the glen’s stream descends 400 feet past 200-foot cliffs, generating 19 waterfalls along its course. The gorge path winds over and under waterfalls and through the spray of Cavern Cascade. Rim trails overlook the gorge. Campers and day-visitors can enjoy the Olympic-size pool, scheduled summer tours through the gorge, tent and trailer campsites, picnic facilities and excellent fishing in nearby Seneca Lake or Catherine Creek, which is renowned for its annual spring run of rainbow trout.
* 15 State Parks all located within a 15 +/- mile radius from this property.
* 20 miles or 25 minutes to the larger city of Corning, with a broad array of business and retail services. The area provides amenities on a much larger scale.
* 8.6 miles or 17 minutes to the large city of Horseheads, developed commercial and residential city with many big name brand stores and services.
*Great recreational uses nearby, such as boating, fishing, hunting, 4×4, snowmobiling, horse riding, wineries, outdoor activities, etc.
* Unique and world-class wineries sprinkled around the edges of Seneca Lake, and adventures waiting at every turn.
Direct access is provided on New Rd., which is a fairly unused dirt road, but it is in decent condition and allows for direct 2wd access to the property.
Electric, may be salvageable from the old structure.
Water use is to be obtained via well and pump system, to be installed by person building a structure. May be salvageable from the old structure.
Sewer use is to be obtained via septic system, to be installed by person building a structure. May be salvageable from the old structure.
TV: Satellite or Dish
LOW RESTRICTIONS; you may build a house ( single family ), barn, cabin, manufactured home, raise animals, have a small farm, use for camping/recreational use and much more.